Anime Favorite Slice of Life Anime

VampireLord1024

Young Hero
Reaction score
If you're a fan of slice of life anime, which ones would you say are your favorites?

I probably have a lot to list, but I'll just share a few: Hidamari Sketch, Sketchbook: Full Colors, Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater, Non Non Biyori, A-Channel, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, Gourmet Girl Graffiti and Slow Loop.

tumblr_mfyp1oATh81rgxx9jo2_500.gif

I’m not a huge slice-of-life guy — I watched a few series in my early teenhood, but grew out of them pretty quickly. That said, I really do like My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun), and consider it a high point in the genre. It’s a very cute, silly series about a brusque, standoffish girl and an airheaded, lackadaisical boy who fall in love with each other, and the zany day-to-day adventures they get into with their friends.

In addition to having an extremely strong, funny cast, the artwork is just gorgeous — everything, from the characters to the backgrounds and little details here and there, has this peppy, colourful look to it that really embodies the upbeat positivity of early-2010s Japan. (A tone that seems to have faded in the second half of the decade, which is when I stopped watching new anime.) Plots are lighthearted and goofy, with the slightest, tiniest bit of romantic drama here and there just to keep things fresh, and both the cast and episode count are small, keeping everything focused and neat. The music is really great, too — check out the theme song I posted in the OP/ED thread for a general idea of what the series is like.

I first watched My Little Monster as a high-school freshman — slightly younger than the main characters — and really fell in love with it. Highly recommended if you like cuddly, happy comedies with plenty of humor and heart. ALSO, WERID THING I JUST LEARNED: the author of this series is an unknown person! Nobody knows who he or she is — they communicated with the anime team anonymously, and they’ve never done anything other manga work of note. I choose to believe that the series just appeared one day to bring a tiny bit of joy into a weary world. Plus, there’s a chicken in it! Pre-cious for you! 🐔

Last edited:
tumblr_mfyp1oATh81rgxx9jo2_500.gif

I’m not a huge slice-of-life guy — I watched a few series in my early teenhood, but grew out of them pretty quickly. That said, I really do like My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun), and consider it a high point in the genre. It’s a very cute, silly series about a brusque, standoffish girl and an airhead, lackadaisical who fall in love with each other, and the zany day-to-day adventures they get into with their friends.

In addition to having an extremely strong, funny cast, the artwork is just gorgeous — everything, from the characters to the backgrounds and little details here and there, has this peppy, colourful look to it that really embodies the upbeat positivity of early-2010s Japan. (A tone that seems to have faded in the second half of the decade, which is when I stopped watching new anime.) Plots are lighthearted and goofy, with the slightest, tiniest bit of romantic drama here and there just to keep things fresh, and both the cast and episode count are small, keeping everything focused and neat. The music is really great, too — check out the theme song I posted in the OP/ED thread for a general idea of what the series is like.

I first watched My Little Monster as a high-school freshman — slightly younger than the main characters — and really fell in love with it. Highly recommended if you like cuddly, happy comedies with plenty of humor and heart. ALSO, WERID THING I JUST LEARNED: the author of this series is an unknown person! Nobody knows who he or she is — they communicated with the anime team anonymously, and they’ve never done anything other manga work of note. I choose to believe that the series just appeared one day to bring a tiny bit of joy into a weary world. Plus, there’s a chicken in it! Pre-cious for you! 🐔
I'm also a romance anime fan, though I haven't watched the My Little Monster anime..

is Nana a slice of life? i'm rewatching it now and i deeply love those characters. Everything about the show, actually. Their design, music, even the english dub!!! It mixes an overdramatic direction with a light heartwarming humor with an enormously well developed plot.

4YCo.gif

is Nana a slice of life? i'm rewatching it now and i deeply love those characters. Everything about the show, actually. Their design, music, even the english dub!!! It mixes an overdramatic direction with a light heartwarming humor with an enormously well developed plot.

4YCo.gif
No, it's a drama and romance, with themes being adult cast, love polygon and music. I know of it but haven't watched it before.
I'm not a SoL guy but my all-time favorite is certainly K-On!
Right on! It's one of my faves too. Who's your favorite character if you have one from K-On! ?

Lucky Star was my first non-Shonen anime when I was a teenager and it will always have a place in my heart. Earlier this year I finally watched Bocci the Rock which is even better than I had heard and is easily one of my favorite shows.

Lucky Star was my first non-Shonen anime when I was a teenager and it will always have a place in my heart. Earlier this year I finally watched Bocci the Rock which is even better than I had heard and is easily one of my favorite shows.
I've watched both of those, though I'd say Lucky Star's my favorite of the two.
Hamtaro and Kotaro Lives Alone are great. Spice and Wolf is ok.
I've seen some episodes of Hamtaro years ago but not the other two. I do know about Kotaro Lives Alone and Spice and Wolf.

I've watched both of those, though I'd say Lucky Star's my favorite of the two.

I've seen some episodes of Hamtaro years ago but not the other two. I do know about Kotaro Lives Alone and Spice and Wolf.
Saw Spice and Wolf as well as Hamtaro back in high school, I only know Lucky Star from the old memes. Wasn't expecting to learn so much about economics. lol But it was good.

Saw Spice and Wolf as well as Hamtaro back in high school, I only know Lucky Star from the old memes. Wasn't expecting to learn so much about economics. lol But it was good.
I knew about Lucky Star since I seen people on a few anime sites with it in their favorites or as their profiles pictures.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back