Movies Favorite Godzilla Movies

For me it's always the original Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla. The human plot was really well done, there was some actual tension and you even got to see Godzilla bleed for the first time. Plus, it gave us the absolute banger of the King Caesar song (and the hilarity of all the hype buildup for him just for him to get slapped down in like two minutes).

Honourable mentions to Megalon too, because Jet Jaguar is awesome.

f5xj47nhuxhc1.jpeg
I really like Godzilla vs. Hedorah (a.k.a Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster). Hedorah’s a great movie monster — he’s all goopy, with terrifying red eyes, and he’s got, like, a million forms! I tend to like creatures made of slop and slime, and I think Hedorah’s the only kaiju that fits such a description.

The movie had some really neat parts, too, like a bunch of creepy animated segments and some great vocal songs. I like how dance and music is a major theme through the film — it builds an extremely tense, crowded, uncomfortable atmosphere, which serves as a good metaphor for the impact of pollution. Tokyo looks really gross and filthy in the movie — and, of course, that was accurate to what it was actually like in the ‘70s, so I think the environmental message comes across well.

The scene where “Save the Earth” plays over a montage of sewage pouring into the ocean, forming and mutating Hedorah, interspersed with a crowd of people wearing fish masks and dancing up against each other in a dark, cramped nightclub is awesome. I think I “got” what the movie was going for, and I was really entertained throughout. The battle between Big G and Hedorah at the end is kind of dumb, but enjoyable in a silly way, where you’re fully aware that it’s just two losers in rubber suits limply posing at each other. It sucks, but it’s great.

I love the movie’s marketing, too. The Polish poster for it was my phone wallpaper for many, many years, and this kiddy promotional tie-in song is hilarious:

MV5BNDM1YmQ5NGQtZGU3YS00NTVjLWEyMmQtNmY3MGQ3NWU0NmQ4XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I've also seen Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, which is completely unremarkable and boring throughout. I kind of like Megaguirus conceptually, though, because dragonflies are cool. Just watch a clip of the ending fight scene on YouTube and save yourself 90 minutes of people blabbering on about nonsense.

Oh, and I watched Godzilla vs. Biollante, too! (In case you haven't noticed, I prefer kaiju that aren't based on animals.) The first half, before any monsters show up, is quite good – the scene where all the kids are drawing pictures of what's happening in their nightmares, and it's revealed to be Godzilla, is very effective – but all the actual on-screen fighting is just a bunch of standing around while dust motes fly across the screen. Great soundtrack, though!

Last edited:
f5xj47nhuxhc1.jpeg
I really like Godzilla vs. Hedorah (a.k.a Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster). Hedorah’s a great movie monster — he’s all goopy, with terrifying red eyes, and he’s got, like, a million forms! I tend to like creatures made of slop and slime, and I think Hedorah’s the only kaiju that fits such a description.

The movie had some really neat parts, too, like a bunch of creepy animated segments and some great vocal songs. I like how dance and music is a major theme through the film — it builds an extremely tense, crowded, uncomfortable atmosphere, which serves as a good metaphor for the impact of pollution. Tokyo looks really gross and filthy in the movie — and, of course, that was accurate to what it was actually like in the ‘70s, so I think the environmental message comes across well.

The scene where “Save the Earth” plays over a montage of sewage pouring into the ocean, forming and mutating Hedorah, interspersed with a crowd of people wearing fish masks and dancing up against each other in a dark, cramped nightclub is awesome. I think I “got” what the movie was going for, and I was really entertained throughout. The battle between Big G and Hedorah at the end is kind of dumb, but enjoyable in a silly way, where you’re fully aware that it’s just two losers in rubber suits limply posing at each other. It sucks, but it’s great.

I love the movie’s marketing, too. The Polish poster for it was my phone wallpaper for many, many years, and this kiddy promotional tie-in song is hilarious:

MV5BNDM1YmQ5NGQtZGU3YS00NTVjLWEyMmQtNmY3MGQ3NWU0NmQ4XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I've also seen Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, which is completely unremarkable and boring throughout. I kind of like Megaguirus conceptually, though, because dragonflies are cool. Just watch a clip of the ending fight scene on YouTube and save yourself 90 minutes of people blabbering on about nonsense.

Oh, and I watched Godzilla vs. Biollante, too! (In case you haven't noticed, I prefer kaiju that aren't based on animals.) The first half, before any monsters show up, is quite good – the scene where all the kids are drawing pictures of what's happening in their nightmares, and it's revealed to be Godzilla, is very effective – but all the actual on-screen fighting is just a bunch of standing around while dust motes fly across the screen. Great soundtrack, though!
I've also seen those movies, maybe Godzilla vs Hedorah and Godzilla vs Megaguirus two or more times and maybe once for Godzilla vs Biollante.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.