Do you enjoy the "creepiness" in Zelda games?

StMil

Staff member
Reaction score
So the first four main Zelda games certainly all had their quirks, But then ocarina came along and things started to get a bit... weird (the Skulltula house for one example). Obviously that was followed by the infamously creepy "Majora's Mask", but even to this day Zelda games often contain weird characters and situations, such as the toilet paper quest in Skyward Sword or Agitha in Twilight Princess - the girl who's obsession with insects seems to be borderline sexual.
In fact there's so much weirdness in Zelda games now that I don't even know where to begin.

So do you enjoy this nightmare fuel? Or do you think the games would be better without it?

And if you like it than what are your personal favorite weird/creepy characters and situations in the Zelda games?

Last edited:
Majora's Mask is my favorite of the N64 Zelda games. I'm not sure if I have a favorite weird or creepy character, but some weird or creepy characters to me would be:

• Dead Hand
  • Floor Masters and Wall Masters
  • Happy Mask Salesman
  • Majora the mask
  • ReDeads
  • LikeLikes
  • Stalchidren
Of course the main three mask transformations are also sort of creepy.

Woah woah woah, let's not forget that Zelda II is one of the creepiest games in the series!
933d599dab9c8b95386705f36e55231b.jpg
The entire game has this really dour, tense atmosphere – Ganon dying in the first one created a power vacuum that whipped up all his monsters into a crazy fervour, and they've completely overrun Hyrule in a rampant, disorganized chaos that's tearing the countryside apart. Towns have been obliterated, some filled with wandering souls of the departed, and the remaining people have hidden themselves away in badland quarries or dense savannahs, with only crazed old men babbling away in church basements left to lead them.

Thunderbird-thumb.png
There are huge spiders blocking your path, Death Mountain is crawling with all sorts of baddies, and the monsters are literally out for Link's blood! You start off by fighting armed infantrymen, like Mazura and Jermafenser in the first two temples – these guys were probably Ganon's generals, and now think they have what it takes to usurp his position as leader – but, as the game progresses, you go deep underground to fight huge, corrupted beasts, locked away for millennia in the remnants of crumbling dungeons. Who put them there? After defeating the Thunderbird, a terrifying, corrupted nightmare of a creature, far below the Earth's surface, Link duels his own shadow – a reflection of his inherent sin, no doubt – and only emerges victorious by a hair's breadth.

Zelda II – the horror! The horror!

XD

All very good points. And now I won't sleep well tonight, so thanks for that. ;) ;)

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back