Crazy "bootleg" games

lucasgvse

Staff member
Writers Guild
CDR Curator
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Bootlegs. What a wonderful world.

I've been adding some to CDR catalogue, but they are like... infinite, and 999999% shit. So i want your help!
Have you played some really cool bootleg? "DBZ 3 2002 Fighting" on game boy, "World of Warcraft" for NES or "Super 3D Noah's Ark" on genesis, stuff like that. Share your experience with me. I want as much recommendations as possible. But PLEASE, only of games you DID play and thought it was really cool, or that was terrible but worth for the fun of it!

Don't know what i'm talking about? Check this out:

1728768849527.png
1728915771506.png

1728768863759.png
1728915809787.png

1728768876198.png
1728915836017.png

1728768887754.png
1728915874849.png

1728768893681.png
1728915898810.png

1728768905246.png
1728915941161.png

Handheld Underground does/has done in-depths of most of these titles. They're a great resource if you're looking to curate what actually playable and worth the dive.

View attachment 1150

Gamtec Corporation churned out a grip of bootleg games back in the 90s. V.R Fighter VS Taken2 has to be my favorite out of the lot just for the absurdity of it.

This is clearly a MUGEN game hahahaahah the roster doesn't lie. I'll look for it, i think it's a bit charming.

GRAND DAD
4-1.png

😆

Handheld Underground does/has done in-depths of most of these titles. They're a great resource if you're looking to curate what actually playable and worth the dive.
Yeah, i took every image of my previous post from there. They're almost archaeologists :p I plan to start investigate their catalogue, although i thought i could find some shortcuts for their best games if i ask here.

I wish I still had it
But I used to play a bunch of Mario games on my PS2.
It was a collections games that had.
  1. Super Mario Bros
  2. Lost Levels
  3. Super Mario 2
  4. Super mario 3
  5. Super mario world
  6. super mario RPG
    Super Mario RPG never worked, it would either crash right away after the opening cutscene, or halfway through the opening cutscene.

I appreciate this initiative and my curiosity is piqued, but could you guys consider moving bootlegs out into their own category instead of Translations? It might get a little disorganized in the Translations category otherwise.

I appreciate this initiative and my curiosity is piqued, but could you guys consider moving bootlegs out into their own category instead of Translations? It might get a little disorganized in the Translations category otherwise.
What about translated bootlegs? Most of them are in Russian or Chinese. A lot of them have been translated into English like the Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger NES bootlegs.

I'm thinking about the future possibility of having everything jumbled together. There's already translated romhacks that could fall under either Hacks or Translations such as https://cdromance.org/sega_genesis_...ikimatsu-kyuuseishu-densetsu-english-patched/ . If there's going to be a growing number of cool translated bootleg games with a romhack patch included, it might defeat the purpose of categories altogether. If bootleg games aren't deemed different enough to have their own category, perhaps implement a way to filter on whether a listed game under Hacks/Translations is a hack/translation/bootleg?

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back