Pinball Are there any good digital pinball platforms you'd recommend?

Slapperpow

New Challenger
Reaction score
Pinball Arcade and Visual Pinball seem to be the best bets for digital pinball but I thought I'd ask for any alternatives. I'm mostly looking for high accuracy, that normal digital/videogame pinball feel just doesn't do it for me. I've already tried a couple different editions of Pinball FX but it just doesn't feel right.

I played a lot of Loony Labyrinth on the Macintosh as a kid. It was never ported to console but the company that made it did have a collection of pinball games on the Sega Dreamcast. They were all by LittleWing. If you go to their website now, it's impossible to buy any of their games, but you can still download demos. The demos are timed though. (only about a minute or two of gameplay before it quits.) The only way to play them is to find them on PC and Mac on Internet Archive and play them in a emulator like SheepShaver or Basilisk II.

The latest Pinball FX I feel is pretty good, but that's only when it comes to like, how they emulate real machines. The Williams tables they have, IMHO, are great. My all time favorite table is World Series, and I know that table quite well and I have to say the Pinball FX version isn't bad. I can take the same shots I take IRL and they work, so when it comes to the Williams machine's, I'd say Pinball FX isn't bad. The Zen pinball tables are all garbage though. But that's the uninvolved, download and play option. If you wanna go the full nines...

There are programs like Visual Pinball X where people can create or recreate pinball tables of new and old, or make entirely original tables. You have to find tables that interest you and install them into VPX and then you can play them that way. In that, you can also install Visual PinMAME in conjunction for a nearly 1:1 experience. PinMAME will actually emulate the original game software, other than trying to recreate it, usually very poorly. Though, it is kind of involved and you might run into some areas of tiral and error, but it is worth.

There's also Zaccaria Pinball on Steam as well, another free-ish option. The tables are great, yet they don't have any real major tables just ones Zaccaria made and some digital tablees, but the tables they do have are really fun. You can do a bit more cusomization in the physics of certain things in the game so I like that. Like, I'm a light nudger, so when the game goes full tilt everytime it's annoying, but I can set it to like 30% and get a better feeling nudge.

Last edited:

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back