Arcade Ports

Kannibal

Novice Adventurer
Writers Guild
Reaction score
For those of us who don't have arcade hardware (which is kind of funny to say, considering how common it is now), what are your favorite console ports of arcade games? Feel free to discuss what you think is the definitive console port of a game, or why it's superior to other versions. To make it interesting, arcade ports of console games are welcome.

Capcom vs SNK 2 on the Dreamcast is probably my favorite port since it's nearly 1:1 as I don't know if they had to make any compromises from Naomi to Dreamcast. The PlayStation 2 version might be more accessible though since the Japanese copy goes for decently cheap, but it was $10 on PSN for PS2 Classics at one point. One of my favorite ports, just because, is Street Fighter II Championship Edition on the Genesis because it let you increase the turbo to ridiculous speeds.

i think i would have to agree with you on this game, but i played it on OG xbox instead! very good port!
I think EO is a fair version to start with, specially if you play against player who have been exploiting glitches in the arcade version. It fixes several things to make it more fair, but it's sadly disregarded in the competitive community.

I know there's a lot of beatemups that never got home ports. Violent Storm is one that I read about recently.

I know there's a lot of beatemups that never got home ports. Violent Storm is one that I read about recently.
I've never heard of this game before. Hoping it's at least playable on MAME or something.

I don't know if they had to make any compromises from Naomi to Dreamcast.
They didn't

TL;DR, Naomi shares the same architecture as the Dreamcast, which is why it was so easy to port it there
but it's sadly disregarded in the competitive community.
That's only because of Roll Canceling getting patched out, which really says more about their "skills" if they need to heavily rely on a bug to win, but that's an entirely different story.

It's a bit obvious, but the one I had the most fun with was Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the DC.

spiderman-vs-ryu-marvel-vs-capcom.gif

We used to go over to my friend's older brother's place and play in big ol' tournaments and stuff.

The best!

They didn't

TL;DR, Naomi shares the same architecture as the Dreamcast, which is why it was so easy to port it there

That's only because of Roll Canceling getting patched out, which really says more about their "skills" if they need to heavily rely on a bug to win, but that's an entirely different story.
well, when the global standard revolves around the arcade version, you can't really afford to get used to a version that departs from it's balancing if you plan to stay in practice at home.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back