Help Affordable Gaming Laptops

Depending on what level of gaming you're looking for I would recommend you look for a used one. Not sure if you will find one at that price range though.
Basically, I just want one that can emulate Wii, Wii U, and PS3 with no hassle, maybe even PS4. Oh, and a light-up keyboard.

AliExpress seem to have insane price to performance ratio (at least where I live) never bought a laptop there so I can't say about the build quality

I'd probably look for something with a recent Ryzen chip, on aliexpress, craigslist ebay wherever you can find tech that ain't overpriced

to find out if a machine is powerful of not write the name of the CPU/GPU on youtube and you'll find tons of people showing the framerate they got on different games, with laptops I guess cooling can be an issue so watch how the chips perform at low power

maybe a Steam Deck would be a good value ? I never had one in my hands but have heard they're really cheap for the kind of power they have
ps4 emulation is out already ? man i still remember the time when xbox 360 emulation was inconceivable

Heyo, I was curious on what some of the best affordable gaming laptops exist. Not looking to spend a thousand bucks, maybe three or four hundred dollars.
Any cheap laptop can pretty much run retro game emulation. I played up to the 16 and 32 bit era on a Windows XP laptop that i got free with a dial up service in the early 2000s. But yeah do what moonbits said and get a Steam Deck. They can emulate just about anything.

Any cheap laptop can pretty much run retro game emulation. I played up to the 16 and 32 bit era on a Windows XP laptop that i got free with a dial up service in the early 2000s. But yeah do what moonbits said and get a Steam Deck. They can emulate just about anything.
They won't be able to emulate ps3 with no hassle on one of those though. that still requires more power.
While I don't have a steam deck to test i'm not sure it can do that yet, unless it can then i take it back.

They won't be able to emulate ps3 with no hassle on one of those though. that still requires more power.
While I don't have a steam deck to test i'm not sure it can do that yet, unless it can then i take it back.
not PS3 or PS4 but it does Wii/Wii U as far as I know.
I think it can run Demon Souls lol

not PS3 or PS4 but it does Wii/Wii U as far as I know.
I've seen the steam deck run nintendo switch emulators as well. No way will it run rpcs3, unless the game itself isn't very taxing on the steam deck's APU. PSP ports on PS3 such as peace walker might run well.

Basically, I just want one that can emulate Wii, Wii U, and PS3 with no hassle, maybe even PS4. Oh, and a light-up keyboard.
If want to emulate ps3 specifically then you're looking at getting a desktop/laptop with a very good processor, which would cost you a thousand or (most likely) more for the whole computer. As for PS4 emulation, it has barely even got off the ground yet.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.